Have you been having trouble addressing your errors? If you answered yes, you’ve arrived at the right location to learn. This feature was added to QuickBooks 2016 and later editions by Intuit. It’s a cross between a network diagnostic tool and a QuickBook-specific diagnostic tool.
A file doctor is a tool that can help you recover corrupted company files and troubleshoot network issues. Examine the results of using the file doctor to determine how to solve the problem in a timely manner.
Read the entire article to learn more about how the file doctor works.
Brief to QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
File Doctor helps users repair common data damage and network problems in QuickBook Company Files using a free program integrated with QuickBook. When QuickBook is used in multi-user mode, QBFD primarily solves 6000 different problems and warnings. The Quickbook File Doctor can be downloaded from a third-party website if you’re using an older version of QuickBook and it’s not available.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a program that may be used to recover corrupted company files as well as troubleshoot network issues. There are also test findings, each of which has a section in which all of the results are in-depth, as well as references that can assist in resolving the issue.
List of Errors fixed with the File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks
If you’re experiencing difficulties opening your company file, you can use the QuickBook File Doctor tool to assist you. If you’re receiving any of the errors listed below, use this tool:
|Error 6000 82||Installation Errors||QB Error 6000 305||Network Issues||Error in updating QuickBooks||Data corruption|
|Damaged Windows Registry||Company File Issues||The QB Error H202||QB Error H505||QB Database Server Manager related||H series Error|
Points to Remember about QuickBooks File Doctor
- Before downloading the current version of QBFD, it is necessary to remove the previous version.
- In addition, while all QuickBook versions after 2015 include an internal file doctor tool, it is suggested that you use the external file doctor tool instead.
- The QuickBook file doctor is only available on Windows versions of QuickBook desktops.
- In the event of some issues, the File Doctor program may emerge immediately. All you have to do now is select the start tab and wait for the utility to finish its work.
Also Read- Quickbooks License Error Solution
Downloading The File Doctor Tool with Simple Methods
You Can Use these Steps to use Quickbook File Doctor:
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks tools hub, and then click CTRL + J to access the downloads.
- After that, go to the downloads list and double-click QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- The next step in the procedure is to accept the license agreement by clicking Yes.
- Afterward, select the Next option, then the Install option.
- Then, installation is complete, you must select the Finish option.
- To proceed, click on the icon to launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Go to the Company File Issues option in the Tool Hub software and follow the steps to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Fix Network Issues with the File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks
There are also diagnostic outcomes, each of which has a part in which all of the results are explained in depth, as well as links that can help in solving the problem.
- To use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, go to the tool hub and select the company file issues tab.
- Then choose the option to run QBFD. This Process take time, you need some wait.
- After that, choose the company file from the drop-down box in QuickBooks file doctor. If you are unable to see the file, it can explore and hunt for it for you.
- You must also select the check the file option and click continue.
- Finally, type in the QuickBooks admin password and click Next.
The scan time is dependent on the file size, which is something to keep in mind. It could take up to 5 minutes in the majority of cases. After the scan has been completed, you must open QuickBooks and the company file. Even if the scan failed, the problem could have been fixed.
Turn On your Hosting
When you’re hosting QuickBooks Company Data Files in multi-user mode, keep these things in mind:
The term “hosting” refers to allowing other computers or workstations to view the QuickBooks Company Data File. Because only the host (main computer) has access to the corporate data file, this file is easily accessible.
QuickBooks Desktop uses the following services to handle company file access:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 makes use of QuickBooksDB28.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017 makes use of QuickBooksDB27.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 makes use of QuickBooksDB26.
This service is also available in the Windows Control Panel. Now you must locate the service that corresponds to the QuickBooks Desktop version you are running.
In this post, you will learn how to use the excellent QuickBooks Tool, the File Doctor Tool, to fix network issues as well as company files. Follow the steps to resolve the issues with your QuickBooks. We hope you enjoyed the article and will put it to good use.