Probably, you are reading this article because you have an occasion to address to wherein it is expected of you to explain digital marketing as a concept. Maybe job interview or seminar to express your knowledge of a domain that invigorates innovation in the deadlocks of businesses. When we present digital marketing as a concept then the usual layout is well defined. There is ample content on internet about digital marketing that preaches but would it be sufficient to put through your point and make a mark?
Let us look at probable questions and how to answer them
- How digital marketing works?
- I have decent revenue being generated but I have less time and budget allocation for digital marketing will it work for me?
- Explain the concept of digital marketing as an avenue to invest
Whenever, such questions come up do not just go about the rhetoric of defining digital marketing but also focus on its practical application in the business. Defining digital marketing and supporting it with the fact that digital marketing is not just a tool but a weapon to develop your arsenal.
Use of terms like SEO, Click bait advertising, reverse marketing channels and lead generation will be handy in defining your reply as more authentic and adds weight to your candidature.
How can you improve its ranking
- I have a website, how can you improve its ranking?
- SEO includes broad stream of actions, how can you verify if SEO is helping in our growth?
- Advertising in form of email marketing, call to action, pay per click has been equivalent to spamming for my business in past. How can you assure me to change it this time?
These questions are much more specific and hence the interviewer is interested in your profile. This is the right time to introduce your innovation to the picture. Explain how market segmentation can be the key missing till now. Understanding their line of business, call for action might not be the best answer but if we modify it with strong SEO ranking and then focus on repeated visitors of our content and then implement call to action on them, it will be a better strategy to follow.
All these ideas might not help directly but will surely give an impression that you are someone who knows his skill.
- My competitors are doing very well in this domain. Because they have good clientele and somehow outbidding them is important for me. Any suggestions?
- My market share needs to be ready for new product line so how to build the base for it?
This is the time for you to hit the ball for six directly. A firm needs to be in a competition with rivals as well as close. To the market leaders and digital’s marketing can help in it. Build networks with rival firm’s customer base. Strong SEO game and social media can help you to become more visible to new customers.
About The Author
Expert in digital marketing, branding, and education, Gaurav Heera has more than a decade of experience. Currently he heads Delhi Courses Academy, known as best & advanced digital marketing institute in Delhi